English
English
Español
Français

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY...

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

bdub

So many tools i cant live without; freund offset tongs, stortz slate hammer, stubai pelican shears (all available from stortz and sons) but most recently id have to say..... I cant live without my EZ POT PRO portable fire pot for soldering irons. Im a dinosaur and i dont usually have anything to do with modern anything when it comes to tools especially but im sold on this one.

Here in the bahamas it has always been a problem setting up the pot for soldering. Typical problems with the heavy pot, large tank, etc but being on the ocean there is almost always a steady breeze. I rigged up a box in the past that would sort of work but nevertheless soldering on the roof was always a pita.

Check out the EZ POT PRO http://ezpotpro.com Anyone who solders often will have to have at least one. Small, light, portable, built in ignighter, wind resistant housing and best of all runs 8 hrs on a 14oz bottle!!!!

Btw i am not affiliated whatsoever with this manufacturer. I solder every single day and this product has increased my productivity significantly.

January 4, 2015 at 3:14 p.m.

midmich

Employees. Wait, can I say that? Actually I agree with Mike and say a ladder. The best tools are virtually useless on the ground.

January 5, 2015 at 11:13 p.m.

egg

bdub, I'm getting one of those as soon as possible, which is not long considering they are made forty minutes from me. I've heated a lot of irons with a propane bottle before, and I am sentimentally attached to my firepot, but the firepot fouls irons and this tool you just mentioned is just too handy and compact to ignore. I'm in. Thanks for the tip.

Not going to buy these guys, though, unless they come Way down in price: http://www.slator-usa.com/store/p15/BIG_BOY_Contractor_Pack%21.html

January 15, 2015 at 10:49 p.m.

bdub

Awesome egg! Is that the ez pot pro you say is too expensive? That link isnt coming up for me. I got mine from joe jenkins. I have to pay shipping plus 45% duty plus 7.5 % vat tax to import these. I got two and dont regret it for a second. Respect

April 7, 2015 at 11:55 a.m.

Jack-Legge

ARRRRRRRRR...AHOY THER LADDIES..WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERLINES THER WE SAYS...IN RESPONCIATORY TO YE INQUIZIATORY THER MISS VICTORIA...WHILE CRUISIN "THA SEVEN SUBDIVISIONS" AH LOOKIN FER THA PROPER VIKTUM.....ER....LITTLE OLE LADY IN ROOFIN DISTRESSES.....OLE JACK WOOD BE LOST FER SHURE WIT OUT HIS SACK'AH BEER FRUUM THA BEER STORE THER, HE WOOD FER SHUR....AN AH'COURSE WE GOTTAH HAVE AH COUPL'AH GALLONS UV THA BLACK ON HAND...SOMETIME 5'ULL GIT ER DUNNNNNNNNNNN...ALL THEM OTHER TRINKETS SUCH AS CHALKLINES N TAPES AN SUCH BE AH WASTE UV OLE JACKS TIME...AN WE MITE BE IN NEED UV AH COUPLE'AH PLANKS FRUM ONE'AH THEM PALLETS TO SMEAR......ER.....ATISCALLY SPREAD THA BLACK WITH...ARRRRR...THER YE BE

YOHOHO AN AH BUCKET'AH BLACK...ARGH!!

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner Ad - Live Estimating Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
New Tech Machinery - Sidebar Ad - Board & Batten
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - Need a Metal Roof Solution?
METALCON - Side Bar - Ticket Giveaway
Cougar Paws - Steel Walker II- Sidebar Ad on MCS
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch